If you would like to learn more about how we might be able to help you please contact us and we can have an informal chat to discuss the areas that interest you.
Take a look at the truxor in action
View more videos here
Lake and Pond Aeration
Aeration is a a key part of keeping a clean, healthy lake or pond.
- Aeration is the addition of dissolved oxygen to the water.
- Aerators move large volumes of water and add oxygen to the water.
- The second component of aeration is mixing and de-stratification.
- Improves water quality by impacting on 3 factors:
- Oxygen: aeration encourages aerobic digestion of nutrients by adding oxygen.
- Nutrients: these are kept in balance through digestion and oxidation.
- Temperature: mixing breaks down stratification adding oxygen to lower levels.
- Introduction of oxygen prevents anaerobic digestion and foul odours.
- Oxygen introduced at lake bottom inhibits phosphorus release from sediment.
- Oxygen in water converts phosphorus to an insoluble form.
Lake and Pond Dye
At Aquatic Solutions we recommend using aeration and dye, as they are natural environmentally friendly methods of controlling algae and aquatic weed problems in UK waters. Commercial pond dyes are non-toxic, high-quality, food colours providing a cost-effective method of controlling algae and weeds when combined with mechanical weed cutting/removal without affecting the health of fish, wildlife and plants.
There are other methods including barley straw which have been used with varying degrees of success – due to the inconsistent results and high maintenance issues relating to the messy job of repeatedly changing the straw throughout the year Aquatic Solutions UK has moved away from utilising this method and now recommends the more efficient dyes and aeration.
How Aquatic Solutions can help you with aeration, habitat and fencing creation & soil management
If you would like to learn more about how we might be able to help you solve your aeration issue with our aerators and fountains, please contact us and we can have an informal chat to discuss the areas that interest you.